City of Fort Stockton Landfill
The landfill is located at 3400 Stone Road, North of the Interstate 10 and East of FM 1053.
Hours and Location: Waste is accepted between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
To contact the landfill, please call (432) 336-3954 or (432) 336-3092
Fees/Charges: Fees are determined by the loaded vehicle weight that is used to transport waste to the landfill. All commercial entities must pay the fee(s) as listed in the table below regardless of vehicle size. An anti-litter fee will be charged if waste loads are not secured to prevent spillage. If the weighing scales at the landfill are temporarily inoperable, patrons will be charged based on vehicle size and category, as outlined in City of Fort Stockton Code, Sec. 12.
Landfill Weight Prices
Type I- $80.00/Ton or .04/pound
$10.00 Min. *Any Household trash
Type IV- $105.00/Ton or .0525/pound
$10.00 Min *Any brush, construction, demo, wood, etc.
To contact the Solid Waste Department:
Administrative Assistant for Landfill
Phone: (432) 336-3954
- Salvaging is not allowed.
- Chemicals or flammable materials (i.e. gasoline, household cleaners, pool chemicals, etc.) or waste that is considered hazardous, unidentifiable or questionable cannot be disposed of at the landfill.
- Roofing materials are accepted from residents in vehicles as described under the fees/charges section. Residents with roofing materials must have a roofing permit with their name and address matching their driver’s license.
- Individuals are responsible for unloading their waste materials at the designated area. Individuals not unloading waste, especially children, should remain in their car.
- Vehicles immobilized or left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense.
What items can be recycled at the landfill?
- Automotive tires should be from a passenger car or light truck, only. Tires in the quantity of 5 at any one time, are charged $5.00 per tire, no more than 16 in a calendar month.
- Appliances and metal materials are recycled at the landfill is separated from other waste, the vehicle fees stated above still apply.
- Live Christmas trees are accepted for recycling as mulch. Mulched trees and yard brush are available year-round to residents.
Effective Date: October 1, 2021 Ordinance #21-117
As outlined in the City of Fort Stockton Code, Sec. 12-1 Definitions, Ordinance 18-120
Type I Waste- 0.04 Cents Per Pound /$80 Per Ton
Type IV Waste- 0.0525 Cents Per Pound / $105 Per Ton
|0.04 Per Pound /$80 Per Ton||$10.00 Minimum Charge|
|$5.00 Per Passenger / Truck Tire (up to 19.5")||+$5.00 With Wheel|
|$8.00 Per Medium / Heavy Truck Tire (20"-24")||+$5.00 With Wheel|
|$12.00 Per Heavy Equipment (24" and above)||+$5.00 With Wheel|
|.30 Cents Per Gallon / Out of Town Septic||200 Gallon Minimum Charge|
|.43 Cents Per Gallon/ Out of Town Septic||200 Gallon Minimum Charge|