(432) 336-8525 ext. 24
The City Secretary’s office performs the following services:
- Responsible for all records documenting decisions/actions of the City Council (resolutions, ordinances, original contracts). Maintain a current City Code of Ordinances.
- Keep minutes of City Council proceedings.
- Manage City elections and related activities.
- Responsible for City’s records management program, including development/maintenance of records retention schedules for all departments.
- Handle permits/licensing for alcoholic beverage sales, taxicab operations, and junk/secondhand good dealers.
- Track membership of all City Boards/Commissions; notify Council of term expirations, vacancies and new applicants.