CITY OF FORT STOCKTON MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE FACILITY
Phone: (432) 336-3954
Fax: (432) 336-6273
The landfill is located at 3400 Stone Road, north of the Interstate 10 and east of FM 1053.
Hours and Location: Waste is accepted between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
To contact the landfill, please call (432) 336-3954
Fees/Charges: Fees are determined by the loaded vehicle weight that is used to transport waste to the landfill. All commercial entities must pay the fee(s) as listed in the table below regardless of vehicle size. An anti-litter fee will be charged if waste loads are not secured to prevent spillage. If the weighing scales at the landfill are temporarily inoperable, patrons will be charged based on vehicle size and category, as outlined in City of Fort Stockton Code, Sec. 12.
- Salvaging is not allowed.
- Chemicals or flammable materials (i.e. gasoline, household cleaners, pool chemicals, etc.) or waste that is considered hazardous, unidentifiable or questionable cannot be disposed of at the landfill.
- Roofing materials are accepted from residents in vehicles as described under the fees/charges section. Residents with roofing materials must have a roofing permit with their name and address matching their driver’s license.
- Individuals are responsible for unloading their waste materials at the designated area. Individuals not unloading waste, especially children, should remain in their car.
- Vehicles immobilized or left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Items that are recyclable at the landfill:
- Automotive tires should be from a passenger car or light truck, only. Tires in the quantity of 5 at any 1 time, are charged $1 per tire, no more than 16 in a calendar month. 6 or more tires at a time are charged $1.50 per tire.
- Appliances and metal materials are recycled at the landfill is separated from other waste, the vehicle fees stated above still apply.
- Live Christmas trees are accepted for recycling as mulch. Mulched trees and yard brush are available year-round to residents.
Effective Date: June 14, 2016
|0.325 Per Pound / $65 Per Ton||$10.00 Minimum Charge|
|$1.50 Per Passenger / Truck Tire||+$5.00 With Wheel|
|$6.00 Per Medium / Heavy Truck Tire||+$5.00 With Wheel|
|.27 Cents Per Gallon / In Town Septic||200 Gallon Minimum Charge|
|.40 Cents Per Gallon / Out of Town Septic||200 Gallon Minimum Charge|