Limited Shelter in Place Order Adopted by City Council 04.02.2020
First Amended Limited Shelter in Place Order Adopted by City Council 4.9.2020
Governor Abbott’s Executive Orders
Link to Governor Abbott’s Website
Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 Dashboard
Please Refer to Texas Department of State Health Services Website for more information.
COVID-19 Daily Report (updated daily around 2 p.m.)
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Common human coronaviruses can cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, such as the common cold. There have been corona-viruses that have caused more severe illness, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle ease respiratory syndrome (MERS).
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
These measures are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
Because this is a rapidly evolving situation, for the latest developments and additional guidance on the 2019-nCoV for the public, healthcare professionals, and travelers, visit the CDC and DSHS websites.